Tay Cities Deal
The Tay Cities deal was published on the 3rd of February. Bringing together Angus, Dundee, Perth and northern Fife, this ambitious project hopes to create thousands of jobs and bring a huge economic boost to the area.
Among some of the projects listed in Dundee & Angus –
- Dundeecom, a private/public partnership aimed at creating a major centre in Scotland for oil and gas decommissioning pulling together the regional assets of Dundee, Montrose and Methill (Port and Energy Park Fife)
- Developing cultural and heritage tourism assets including the creation of The Comic Centre, the UK’s first purpose built permanent comic-based centre/visitor attraction and increasing the ability of Arbroath’s Hospitalfield to become a world class facility for cultural ideas and production;
- International Aviation Academy, Dundee. A first of its kind for Scotland based on the needs of employers locally, nationally and internationally providing education and training opportunities in key aviation skills areas.
- A Montrose to A90 investment corridor which would enable the delivery of infrastructure to support any major growth opportunity in North Angus.
- Discovery Point The proposed development will create a significant further enhancement to Dundee’s Central Waterfront and, importantly, to the V&A. Enable DCA to retain and grow its position as a leading cultural and tourism provider within the region. DCA 20 will renew the promise of DCA by reinforcing its unique ability to catalyse innovation and creativity in the city. Internal structural changes would be to make a third cinema.
- Angus Soft Fruits Scotland’s first soft fruit glasshouse research and production facility, which will move a key industry to a year-round production model reducing the need for imports, aiding the development of new varieties and developing local skills and employment
The proposed deal goes before both the Scottish and UK governments for consideration.