DAVAA Events /How to become more visible online – Beyond Facebook and pretty websites – Dundee Tayside
October 25, 2018 @ 12:45 pm
As a small family run business or a one-man/ woman-band, it can be easy to feel lost in the giant ocean that is the internet. How is it possible that someone half-way across the world can stumble across your wee business? In this awareness session we will show you the many different ways and techniques you can apply and implement to help potential customers find your business online.
We will also be joined by Viator, the world’s largest OTA (Online Travel Agent) for tours, activities and things to do. Following the presentations, Viator will be offering 1-2-1 surgery sessions. To book your surgery session, please contact email@example.com.
To book follow this link – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-become-more-visible-online-beyond-facebook-and-pretty-websites-dundee-tayside-tickets-50848753992
Awareness session content
- Brief introduction to the basics of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How persuasive and engaging content can direct people to your business
- Why it pays to sometimes pay for online advertising
- Taking advantage of review sites, OTAs (Online Travel Agents) and the sharing economy
- Make the most of the upgraded VisitScotland.com
- Introduction to Viator
12.30-13.00 Light Lunch/ Networking
13.00-14.00 How to become more visible online – Beyond Facebook and pretty websites, Digital Tourism Scotland
14.15-14.45 Introduction to Viator, Viator
14.45 onwards Viator Surgeries (To book a surgery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who should attend?
This awareness session is for small business owners and operators interested in growing their business online by improving current channels and trying out new ones. The second half of the event will be of most interest to tour and acitivities providers.
What will I learn?
- Understanding of the different routes and channels potential customers can find your business online
- How to increase the likelihood of potential customers finding your business
- Understanding of the pros and cons of paid services and techniques
- Once registered, you will receive automatic email reminders prior to the workshop as well as as a link to the feedback form on the day of the workshop. In order to receive the link to the slides and any further communication, please give your consent when registering for this event.
- DTS events are aimed at tourism businesses only who operate on a B2C (Business to Consumer) or B2B (Business to Business) basis. Unfortunately, we can’t offer places to intermediaries, consultants or suppliers of services.
DTS is a partnership programme supported by VisitScotland, Scottish Enterprise, Business Gateway, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Government and Scottish Tourism Alliance. The workshops and awareness sessions are delivered by Elevator.
This event is brought to you in collaboration with Dundee City Council.