DAVAA Events /Digital Tourism Strategy for Dundee
November 14, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
Scottish Enterprise (SE) and Dundee City Council are supporting the establishment of a Digital Tourism Strategy Group. The aim is to develop a consistent digital tourism marketing strategy for Dundee City.
As part of this work, SE are offering an introductory workshop and some tailored support for tourism-related organisations in Dundee. SE will work with Digital Tourism Scotland to provide this support, if tourism businesses are interested in setting up a Digital Tourism Strategy Group.
Digital Tourism Scotland – Industry Group Support (DTS-IGS)
Backed by Scottish Enterprise, DTS-IGS is a free tailored-support programme for key strategic destinations and tourism industry groups.
The aim is to bring businesses together who want to play a role in promoting Dundee to the international tourism market, using digital technologies.
DTS-IGS will focus on the following areas:
- Cultural tourism
- The Waterfront
- V&A Dundee
- First and only UNESCO City of Design in the UK
- European Capital of Culture bid 2023
On 14 November there will be an information workshop for businesses. This workshop will discuss the benefits of working collectively on a clear and consistent digital marketing strategy for Dundee.
The aims of the strategy group:
- To engage with key influencers on the development of a compelling consumer offering
- To influence the development of a digital communications strategy and content generation plan. The aim is to ensure the message is clear and consistent, linked to the culture and creativity proposition. It should echo the city’s key messages, with agreed themes and criteria
- To develop Dundee’s online presence and visual tone of voice with agreed targets. This will be done through the use of relevant digital and social media channels.
What the strategy group is trying to achieve
The desired outcomes will be:
- To develop a digital strategy working group to shape the focus and activity for the strategy
- To develop a digital communications strategy and associated content plan for the city. This would be developed by the businesses with support from the DTS-IGS team
- To have an increased reach, including international markets, through effective use of digital marketing and technologies
- To have an increase in visitors to the city
- To have a more effective use of digital solutions and an ability to benchmark and measure the impact with a strong digital plan
Limited spaces are available on this information workshop.
There will be a networking supper at 6pm.