DAVAA Events /Digital Tourism Briefing: OnlineBooking & Managing Online Reputation – Angus
February 22, 2018 @ 2:00 pm
Dundee and Angus College, “Seminar Room 5”
Arbroath, Angus, DD11 3EA
Digital technology is progressing at a rapid rate and impacting on the overall customer experience for the majority of visitors; from the inspirational stage (choosing a holiday location), all the way through to departure.
Over 80% of visitors are now using online resources to plan their holiday and over 65% of visitors to Scotland book online prior to their arrival. However, only a small percentage of accommodation businesses listed on VisitScotland.com have an integrated online booking system.
Whoever you are, visitors will talk about your business online – but do you listen to all your digital feedback? We don’t just mean checking TripAdvisor reviews. Do you know what they say about your business on Twitter and other social media platforms without necessarily tagging you in their posts? There’s no need to be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of online data. Today, it’s easier than ever to ‘listen’ to your visitors and actually do something about it!
In order to keep up with demand and avoid losing bookings, businesses need to embrace new technologies and discover how to make it work for them.
This awareness session aims to help address your concerns as a business owner or operator and encourage you to feel more confident about your digital presence. You will also hear about how easy and inexpensive it can be to increase your booking capacity and be more successful in a digital world.
- “Monitor and manage your reputation online”, Stephen Whitelaw, Digital Tourism Scotland
- “Is your business bookable online?”, Stephen Whitelaw, Digital Tourism Scotland
- Advice & input from VisitScotland
- Opportunity to network
Who should attend?
Businesses who want to better understand digital technologies or wish to further pursue business growth through digital investment.
What will I learn?
- The value of being bookable online
- What online boiking options are available and what they cost
- How to improve the usability of your current website solution
- How to manage your business reputation online
- Get an overview of a range of tools and tactics, including simple and practical ones, that can help you ’listen’
- How to use listening tools to offer a more personalised experience for your visitors
We maintain a 48 hour cancellation policy. We are unable to offer refunds for bookings cancelled less than 48 hours prior to the event.