Angus Tourism Cooperative
Back in February we wrote of a meeting held by Angus Council and Scottish Enterprise to ascertain the feeling of Angus Businesses towards the formation of a leadership group to promote the region. See the article here. Following on from that; a smaller group met to discuss the idea further and from that the ‘Angus Tourism Cooperative’ or ‘ATC’ has been formed.
Our DAVAA Secretary, Stuart Clark of Balmuirfield House B&B, is one of four initial members who will take their place on the board along with Tommy Baxter of Glamis Castle, Allison Elliot of Murton Trust and Ann-Marie Black of Blacks of Brechin. The group will also be aided by Angus Council and VisitScotland.
The purpose of the Cooperative is to work collaboratively to improve the tourism offer in Angus and to promote the area as a visitor destination in particular through:
1) bringing together Angus businesses involved in the tourism industry to encourage collaboration and strategic alignment;
2) creating an influential, collective voice to represent Angus at a regional and national level;
3) developing and leading a tourism strategy for Angus;
4) agreeing a strategic marketing plan to promote Angus as a visitor destination;
5) enabling members to act together to identify new business opportunities;
6) providing opportunities for members to share their views and experience, and to network and collaborate;
7) supporting businesses to increase capacity and capability.
The aims of the ATC are quite similar to that of DAVAA and may also serve to complement the existing tourism strategy of Dundee. Stuart’s inclusion on the board puts DAVAA in a favourable position to gather information from both initiatives to share with our members and help encourage business and tourism development throughout Dundee and Angus.
We will keep our members up to date with the development of the Angus Tourism Cooperative as it progresses.